ROUND 1 PREVIEW 2017
SCOTLAND v IRELAND
- Scotland Women’s most recent victory came in a friendly against the Netherlands in Amsterdam in
- Ireland Women lost all three tests in the autumn internationals, to England, Canada and New Zealand,
whilst all five of their games in the Six Nations last year went in favour of the home team.
- The two nations have met on twenty-five previous occasions with Scotland winning the first fourteen
between 1993-2006 and Ireland winning the last eleven from 2007 to date.
- Ireland Women’s only previous match at Broadwood Stadium resulted in a 73-3 victory in round 5, 2015.
ITALY v WALES
- Italy Women won two games in last season’s Six Nations, beating Scotland in Bologna and Wales in
- Italy’s only loss in their last four home games was to England in round 2 last year.
- Wales Women won two games in last season’s Championship, both at Neath, against Scotland and France.
- Wales’ only away win since 2013 came when they visited Scotland in round 2, 2015.
- The two sides have met on sixteen previous occasions with Wales having the edge by eleven wins to five,
although Italy have won the last three.
- This is Italy Women’s first game in Jesi.
ENGLAND v FRANCE
- England Women’s only defeat in their last six matches was at the hands of New Zealand at Twickenham
Stoop in November.
- England’s only defeat in last season’s Six Nations came when they visited France in round 5, a loss which
gave France the title.
- England Women have played 15 previous matches at Twickenham Stadium where their only two defeats
have both been inflicted by France, in 2013 and 2015.
- France Women won their most recent two tests in November against the USA, and are seeking to defend
their Six Nations title which they have won in two of the past three years.
- England have won their two most recent matches against France, in Salt Lake City in July and at Twickenham
Stoop in November, but in the Six Nations it is France that have won the last four matches.