ITALY v IRELAND – ROUND 2 PREVIEW 2017
- Italy U20 have not won in the Six Nations since overcoming Scotland in February 2014, a total of 13 successive losses in the Championship.
- Italy U20’s most recent victory in a home game was 20-19 against Samoa to take 11th place at the 2015 Junior World Championship in Cremona.
- Ireland U20s only defeat at this level in their last nine games was in the final of the World Rugby U20 Championship last summer when they lost out to England.
- Ireland’s victory by a single point against Scotland in round 1 was their fourth in succession in the U20 Six Nations, their only longer streak in this Championship was when winning their first six matches at this age group between 2007 and 2008.
- The two sides have met on 11 occasions at U20 level, with Italy’s best result being a 25-all draw at L’Aquila in round 5 of the 2013 U20 Six Nations.
- This is the first U20 match to be staged in Prato.
WALES v ENGLAND – ROUND 2 PREVIEW 2017
- Wales U20 have won their last eight matches in the Six Nations and are closing in on England’s all time U20 record of ten U20 Six Nations victories in a row set between 2010 and 2012.
- Wales have won their last six home games all played at Parc Eirias since France U20 won there in round 3, 2014.
- Reigning World Rugby U20 champions England have now won their last six matches at this level after their nine try eclipsing of France in round 1.
- England U20 won only one away game in the Championship last season beating Italy 42-7 in San Dona in round 2.
- The two nations have met on 12 previous occasions at U20 level with the Welshmen’s two victories both coming in the last three encounters, including the last two meetings in the U20 Six Nations.
FRANCE v SCOTLAND – ROUND 2 PREVIEW 2017
- France U20 suffered their heaviest defeat at this level in going down 17-59 to England at Exeter in round 1.
- France U20 have not lost successive matches in the U20 Six Nations since 2013 and have won their last ten home games at this level since South Africa beat them at La Roche-sur-Yon during the 2013 Junior World Championship.
- Scotland U20 lost out by a single point to Ireland in round 1 and have now been defeated in their last three games in the U20 Six Nations.
- The Scotsmen have recorded only three away victories in the history if the U20 Six Nations, and all of those have been against Italy in 2010, 2012 and 2016.
- France U20s have never lost to Scotland at this level, the closest being an 8-all draw in Inverness in 2010.
- France U20s have played twice before at the Stade des Alpes, losing there to England in 2008 and to Ireland in 2012