WALES v ENGLAND – ROUND 2 PREVIEW 2017
- Wales Women have won their last two test matches, against Scotland in a friendly in October and in Italy in round 1 of the Six Nations, but have not won three successive tests since 2009.
- Wales have won three of their last four home games with their 15-0 victory over Scotland at BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park on 29 October ending a run of six successive defeats at the venue at this level.
- England Women’s 26-13 come from behind victory against France at Twickenham last weekend was the biggest comeback in the history of the Women’s Six Nations, having been 13-0 down after 44 minutes.
- England have lost only one of their last six Women’s Six Nations encounters, against France in Vannes in round 5 last year .
- The two nations have met on 33 previous occasions at this level with the only two Welsh victories being by a single point at Taff’s Well in 2009 and 13-0 at Swansea in 2015.
- England Women have played four previous test matches at BT Cardiff Arms Park with their only defeat at the venue being in the 1991 World Cup final against the USA.
FRANCE v SCOTLAND – ROUND 2 PREVIEW 2017
- France Women tripped up to England at Twickenham in round 1 of the Six Nations but have not lost back-to-back encounters in the Championship in the same season since rounds 4 and 5 in 2006.
- France Women have won their last nine home games since losing 16-18 to Canada in Paris in the semifinal of the 2014 Women’s World Cup.
- Scotland Women came within a whisker of ending their long unwanted losing streak in the Women’s Six Nations against Ireland in round 1, level at 15-all only to concede a decisive try with the last play of the game. Scotland had not scored as many points in a Woman Six Nations match since also tallying 15 against France at Meggetland in 2008.
- The two nations have met on 23 previous occasions in capped internationals with Scotland’s most recent victory being 10-8 at Lasswade during the 2010 Six Nations.
- La Rochelle hosts its first Women’s international.
ITALY v IRELAND – ROUND 2 PREVIEW 2017
- Italy’s only two victories in their last six Women’s Six Nations encounters were against Scotland in Bologna and Wales in Aberavon.
- Ireland Women have won their last three matches in the Women’s Six Nations whilst their only two defeats in the Championship since round 2, 2015 were on trips to France and England last year.
- The two nations have met on 14 previous occasions with Italy’s only previous victory being on their first ever clash in Nice in 1997.
- This will be the first Women’s international test match to be stage at the Stadio Tommaso Fattori in L’Aquila.