The success of rugby as a sport in New Zealand is unparalleled, and its popularity is growing fast all over the world. The Rugby Sevens at the Olympics in 2016 and other international tournaments have raised the profile of rugby and its fanbase is still growing. As fan numbers increase, the amount of people betting on matches is rising too. There are now great wagering opportunities. Consider bet365 offers for New Zealand to get some fantastic promotional offers. This article looks at why Rugby is so popular and outlines types of rugby betting.
Why do players enjoy Rugby so much?
Rugby players tend to be passionate about the sport. Some of the reasons are suggested below:
- Fitness: It’s a great cardiovascular workout and improves upper body and limb strength. It’s also great for improving agility.
- It’s a thinking sport and involves strategy
- It’s inclusive. All players get opportunities to pass, run and play defense, it’s unusual for one player to dominate.
- Physicality. It involves closeness. Team members bond quickly – plus playing together means partying together too.
- It’s fast and thrilling. Adrenaline rushes are a feature of matches. .
Why spectators love rugby
Rugby is respected and admired as a sport and draws spectators. Reasons for its popularity are suggested below:
- Easy to follow
- Speed makes the game exciting
- Great atmosphere
- Sevens are spectator friendly with no time outs and short matches
Rugby slots and game betting
While rugby enthusiasts enjoy playing the rugby themed slot machines, placing bets on matches needs a little more research. Before betting, it’s important to check out the types of matches and betting possibilities. Make sure you understand the different rules of The Rugby Union and The Rugby League. The rules differ so ensure you know which one you’re betting on.
What type of matches can you bet on?
There are several high profile rugby matches to choose from. Major matches include:
- Rugby World Cup
- Champion Cup
- Challenge Cup
- Six Nations
Always check the odds. In Rugby they’re known as:
- Moneyline odds
- American odds
- Fractional odds
- Decimal odds
Types of bets
Once you’ve checked out the events and odds at the bookies, there are different ways to bet.
The main types of bets are:
- Outright betting- the most straightforward, betting on the team you think will win.
- Points spread betting- what the points spread will be.
- Accumulator betting – when profits from the first bet are added to second and third bets with the original stakes and so on, up to five bets.
- Above five bets is a permutation which means losses won’t stop you winning an overall bet.
- Halftime bet – who you think will lead at half time.
- Half time/full time bet – who you think will lead at half time and at the end in combination. This might be the same or different teams.
- Try scorer.
- First try scorer.
- Handicap bet- when the bookmaker gives a handicap to even chances of winning.
Rugby betting is a lot of fun and simple once you get the hang of it.