- The Crusaders have won their last five Super Rugby games on the bounce against the Chiefs, this after having won only one of their seven games against them prior (L6).
- The Chiefs have led at half-time in four of their last five Super Rugby games at home against the Crusaders; however, they’ve gone on to pick up just two wins in that period.
- Eight of the Chiefs’ last nine Super Rugby games as hosts have been decided by a single-digit margin, including their last five on the bounce across which they’ve picked up three wins and a draw (L1).
- The Chiefs have won only one of their last eight derbies in Super Rugby (D2, L5); though, that victory came in their last all-New Zealand clash as hosts.
- The Crusaders have conceded just one try in each of their last three games away from home in Super Rugby, scoring 14 of their own in reply in that time.
- The Crusaders have failed to score 20 points in either of their last two Super Rugby games; the last time they went longer without breaking the 20-point barrier was a three-game stint in March-April 2013.
- The Chiefs have conceded the fewest penalties per game (8) of any team this Super Rugby campaign, while their total of two yellow cards is also a joint league-low.
- The Crusaders have scored more tries (59) and points (404) than any other team thus far in Super Rugby 2019.
- The Chiefs have had six different players attempt a place kick for goal in Super Rugby 2019, more than any other club in the competition (Damian McKenzie, Marty McKenzie, Brad Weber, Jack Debreczeni, Stephen Donald, Shaun Stevenson).
- George Bridge (Crusaders) is on a four-game tryless streak, his longest since a nine-game stretch in 2017; however, he has crossed for a five-pointer in each of his last two games against the Chiefs.
The Chiefs have played the Crusaders 34 times in Super rugby since 1996 and the Chiefs have won 13 matches, lost 21 times and drawn none.
The Chiefs 13 wins out of 34 matches gives them a record of winning 38% of their matches against the Crusaders regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Suva which for this week is effectively home for the Chiefs and a venue where the teams have twice before.
In those 2 matches played in Suva the Chiefs have won 1 match and lost 1. This gives the Chiefs a record of winning 50% of their matches against the Crusaders in Suva
The average score when the Chiefs play the Crusaders in Suva is : Chiefs 24 Crusaders 22.
Both teams have won one and lost one in Suva. The Crusaders won the most recent match and that was in 2017.
Average score: Chiefs 21 Crusaders 27
Last five results
Sat, 09 Mar 2019 Chiefs 28 v 57 Crusaders @Christchurch
Sat, 02 Jun 2018 Chiefs 20 v 34 Crusaders @Hamilton
Sat, 24 Feb 2018 Chiefs 23 v 45 Crusaders @Christchurch
Sat, 29 Jul 2017 Semi Chiefs 13 v 27 Crusaders @Christchurch
Fri, 19 May 2017 Chiefs v Crusaders 24-31 Suva
Chiefs overall record against the Crusaders
Played 34 , Wins 13, Losses 21 , Draws 0
1. Atu Moli,2. Samisoni Taukei’aho ,3. Nepo Laulala,4. Jesse Parete ,5. Tyler Ardron ,6. Lachlan Boshier ,7. Sam Cane (c),8. Pita Gus Sowakula,9. Brad Weber ,10. Jack Debreczeni ,11. Sean Wainui ,12. Anton Lienert-Brown,13. Alex Nankivell ,14. Shaun Stevenson,15. Solomon Alaimalo
Replacements : 16. Bradley Slater,17. Aidan Ross ,18. Angus Ta’avao ,19. Daymon Leasuasu,20. Mitchell Jacobson ,21. Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi,22. Marty McKenzie ,23. Tumua Manu
1. Joe Moody ,2. Andrew Makalio,3. Michael Alaalatoa,4. Scott Barrett ,5. Samuel Whitelock (C) ,6. Whetukamokamo Douglas ,7. Billy Harmon ,8. Kieran Read ,9. Mitchell Drummond ,10. Richie Mo’unga , 11. Braydon Ennor ,12. Ryan Crotty (VC) ,13. Jack Goodhue , 14. Sevu Reece , 15. David Havili
Replacements : 16. Ben Funnell, 17. Isi Tu’ungafasi, 18. George Bower, 19. Mitchell Dunshea, 20. Jordan Taufua, 21. Bryn Hall, 22. Mitchell Hunt, 23. George Bridge
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 1 June
Venue : ANZ National Stadium, Suva
Kick Off local: 19:35
Referee: Ben O’Keeffe
Assistant Ref 1:Glen Jackson
Assistant Ref 2:James Munro
TMO : Shane McDermott