- The Rebels have won all four of their Super Rugby matches against the Sunwolves, scoring an average of 39 points per game against them.
- The Sunwolves have lost their last six Super Rugby matches on the bounce at home, the longest losing run on home soil in the club’s history.
- The Rebels have won only one of their last five Super Rugby games away from home, despite having led at half-time on three occasions in that time.
- The Rebels have conceded just six offloads per game this Super Rugby campaign, fewer than any other team in the competition.
- One of the two players to have made 100+ carries and 100+ tackles in Super Rugby 2019 has done so in a Sunwolves jersey (Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco).
The Sunwolves have played the Rebels four times in Super rugby since 2016 and the Sunwolves have lost all four.
That means the Rebels are four from four – regardless of the venue. Two of the matches were played in Melbourne and the other two were played (one each) in Singapore and Tokyo.
In the only match between these teams played in Tokyo the score was : Sunwolves 9 Rebels 35.
Average score: Sunwolves 14 Rebels 38
Last four results
Sat, 06 Apr 2019 Sunwolves v Rebels 15-42 Melbourne
Fri, 25 May 2018 Sunwolves v Rebels 13-40 Melbourne
Sat, 03 Mar 2018 Sunwolves v Rebels 17-37 Singapore
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 Sunwolves v Rebels 9-35 Tokyo
Sunwolves overall record against the Rebels
Played 4 , Wins 0, Losses 4 , Draws 0
15 Jason Emery, 14 Gerhard van den Heever, 13 Josh Timu, 12 Phil Burleigh, 11 Semisi Masirewa, 10 Hayden Parker, 9 Kaito Shigeno, 8 Amanaki Mafi, 7 Dan Pryor, 6 Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco, 5 Luke Thompson, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Hiroshi Yamashita, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Masataka Mikami
Replacements: 16 Nathan Vella, 17 Pauliasi Manu, 18 Takuma Asahara, 19 Tom Rowe, 20 Ben Gunter, 21 Jamie Booth, 22 Yu Tamura, 23 Takyua Yamasawa
15 Dane Haylett-Petty (captain), 14 Jack Maddocks, 13 Reece Hodge, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Quade Cooper, 9 Will Genia, 8 Richard Hardwick, 7 Angus Cottrell, 6 Ross Haylett-Petty, 5 Adam Coleman, 4 Matt Philip, 3 Sam Talakai, 2 Hugh Roach, 1 Matt Gibbon
Replacements: 16 Jordan Ulese, 17 Tetera Faulkner, 18 Jermaine Ainsley, 19 Sam Jeffries, 20 Rob Leota, 21 Michael Ruru, 22 Matt To’omua, 23 Tom English
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 25 May
Venue : Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium, Tokyo
Kick Off local: 14:15
Referee: Nick Briant
Assistant Ref 1:Federico Anselmi
Assistant Ref 2: Shuhei Kubo
TMO :Minoru Fuji