- The Hurricanes have won each of their two clashes with the Jaguares in Super Rugby, recording an 18-point victory in 2016 before winning by 25 points in 2018.
- The Hurricanes have lost just four of their last 39 home games in Super Rugby (W35), with each of those defeats coming against opposition from New Zealand; the last time they were beaten at home by a side from outside their conference was in April 2015, when they lost to the Waratahs at Westpac Stadium.
- The Hurricanes have won each of their last five games, their best unbeaten run in Super Rugby since winning 10 in a row in 2018, the final game in that spell coming almost exactly a year ago (18th May v Reds).
- The Jaguares have won four of their last five matches in Super Rugby 2019 (L1); four matches in that span have been decided by five points or fewer.
- The Jaguares have won two of their last three Super Rugby away matches (L1), going into half-time with the lead once in that span.
- The Jaguares have won three of their last five Super Rugby games against opposition from New Zealand (L2); all five games in that span have been decided by seven points or fewer.
- The Hurricanes have won 8.4 turnovers per game in Super Rugby 2019, more than any other team in the competition.
- The Jaguares average the most kicks in play per-game in Super Rugby 2019 (25), four more than the Hurricanes (21).
- Hurricanes’ duo Beauden (2 tries, 32 points) and Jordie Barrett (3 tries, 21 points) have scored a combined five tries and 53 points between them in their club’s last three Super Rugby games.
- Pablo Matera (Jaguares) has made the most offloads (15) of any forward in Super Rugby 2019, seven more than Hurricanes’ best forward Ardie Savea (8).
The Hurricanes have played the Jaguares twice in Super rugby since 2016 and the Hurricanes have won both.
The Hurricanes 2 wins from 2 matches gives them a record of winning 100% of their matches against the Jaguares.
This weekend the match will be played in Wellington which is home for the Hurricanes and where the teams have met just once before.
In that single match played in Wellington the Hurricanes won the match 40-22.
The Hurricanes are the form team currently so the Jaguares will have their hands full in this match.
Average score: Hurricanes 37 Jaguares 16
Last two results
Sat, 03 Mar 2018 Hurricanes v Jaguares 34-9 Buenos Aires
Sat, 09 Apr 2016 Hurricanes v Jaguares 40-22 Wellington
Hurricanes overall record against the Jaguares
Played 2 , Wins 2 , Losses 0 , Draws 0
15 Jordie Barrett , 14 Wes Goosen, 13 Matt Proctor, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Ben Lam, 10 James Marshall, 9 TJ Perenara (c), 8 Ardie Savea, 7 Du’Plessis Kirifi, 6 Vaea Fifita, 5 Isaia Walker-Leawere, 4 James Blackwell, 3 Jeff To’omaga-Allen, 2 Asafo Aumua, 1 Toby Smith
Replacements : 16 Ricky Riccitelli, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Kane Le’aupepe, 20 Heiden Bedwell-Curtis, 21 Finlay Christie, 22 Fletcher Smith, 23 Salesi Rayasi
15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Sebastien Cancelliere, 13 Matias Moroni, 12 Jeronimo de la Fuente (captain), 11 Ramiro Moyano, 10 Joaquin Diaz Bonilla, 9 Tomas Cubelli, 8 Javier Ortego Desio, 7 Juan Manuel Leguizamon, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomás Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Enrique Pieretto, 2 Agustin Creevy, 1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
Replacements : 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Mayco Vivas, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Lucas Paulos, 20 Marcos Kremer, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Domingo Miotti, 23 Matias Orlando
Match Officials and details
Date : Friday 17 May
Venue : Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Kick Off local: 19:35
Referee: Brendon Pickerill
Assistant Ref 1: Mike Fraser
Assistant Ref 2: Paul Williams
TMO : Aaron Paterson