- The Hurricanes have won their last seven Super Rugby games against the Blues, holding a half-time lead over the Auckland side in six games of that span (L1).
- The Hurricanes have won their last four Super Rugby games against the Blues at Eden Park, recording a 21-point victory in the most recent encounter (36-15, May 2018).
- The Blues have won five of their last six Super Rugby games at home (L1), including their last four on the bounce.
- The Hurricanes have won seven of their last nine Super Rugby matches (D1, L1), scoring 29 points or more in their last four matches on the bounce.
- The Blues have one victory from their last 23 New Zealand local derbies (D1, L21), that victory came in their last such fixture at home (Round 6, 2019).
- The Hurricanes have avoided defeat in their last two New Zealand local derbies away from home (W1, D1), this after losing their previous five such fixtures.
- The Blues have had an average of 17 minutes and 45 seconds of time in possession per game this Super Rugby campaign, the most of any team in the competition.
- The Hurricanes have conceded just four tries in the final quarter of games this Super Rugby season, the joint-fewest of any team in the competition.
- Rieko Ioane (Blues) has made 22 clean breaks this Super Rugby season, more than any other player in the competition.
- The Hurricanes’ Ardie Savea has beaten 34 defenders thus far in Super Rugby 2019, more than any other forward in the competition.
The Blues have played the Hurricanes 30 times in Super rugby since 1996 and the Blues have won 14 matches, drawn 1 and lost 15 times.
The Blues 14 wins out of 30 matches gives them a record of winning 47% of their matches against the Hurricanes regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Auckland which is home for the Blues and the venue where the teams have met 16 times.
In those 16 matches played in Auckland the Blues have won 8 matches and lost 8.
This gives the Blues a record of winning 50% of their matches against the Hurricanes at home.
The average score when the Blues play the Hurricanes in Auckland is : Blues 25 Hurricanes 24.
The Hurricanes have won the last four matches against the Hurricanes in Auckland and the Blues have not won in their home city in these matches since 2014.
Average score: Blues 27 Hurricanes 26
Last five results
Sat, 07 Jul 2018 Blues 24-42 Hurricanes @Wellington
Fri, 11 May 2018 Blues 15-36 Hurricanes @Auckland
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 Blues 24-28 Hurricanes @Auckland
Sat, 02 Jul 2016 Blues 27-37 Hurricanes @Wellington
Fri, 11 Mar 2016 Blues 19-23 Hurricanes @Auckland
Blues overall record against the Hurricanes
Played 30, Wins 14 , Losses 15, Draws 1
1 Karl Tu’inukuafe, 2 James Parsons, 3 Ofa Tuungafasi, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 5 Josh Goodhue, 6 Dalton Papalii, 7 Blake Gibson ©, 8 Akira Ioane; 9 Sam Nock, 10 Harry Plummer, 11 Rieko Ioane, 12 Ma’a Nonu, 13 TJ Faiane, 14 Tanielu Tele’a, 15 Melani Nanai.
Replacements: 16 Leni Apisai, 17 Ezekiel Lindenmuth, 18 Marcel Renata, 19 Scott Scrafton, 20 Jed Brown, 21 Augustine Pulu, 22 Otere Black, 23 Matt Duffie.
15 Jordie Barrett , 14 Wes Goosen, 13 Matt Proctor, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Ben Lam, 10 Beauden Barrett , 9 TJ Perenara (c), 8 Reed Prinsep, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Vaea Fifita, 5 Isaia Walker-Leawere, 4 James Blackwell, 3 Jeff To’omaga-Allen, 2 Asafo Aumua, 1 Toby Smith
Replacements : 16 Ricky Riccitelli, 17 Fraser Armstrong, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Kane Le’aupepe, 20 Du’Plessis Kirifi, 21 Finlay Christie, 22 James Marshall, 23 Chase Tiatia
Match Officials and details
Date : Friday 10 May
Venue : Eden Park, Auckland
Kick Off local: 19:35
Referee: Nick Briant
Assistant Ref 1:Paul Williams
Assistant Ref 2:Brendon Pickerill
TMO : Ben Skeen