- The Sunwolves were victorious in their most recent Super Rugby fixture against the Stormers (May 2018), coming from behind at half-time to win 26-23 and snapping a four-game winless run against the Cape Town side (D1, L3) in the process.
- The Stormers have lost just one of their last seven games at home in Super Rugby (W5, D1), and are undefeated in their last three (W2, D1).
- The Sunwolves have lost their last seven games on the bounce in Super Rugby, conceding an average of 40 points per game in that span.
- The Sunwolves (94%) and Stormers (83%) boast the two best goal-kicking accuracies of all teams in Super Rugby 2019.
- Dillyn Leyds (Stormers) has scored four tries and made three try assists in his last two Super Rugby games against the Sunwolves.
The Stormers have played the Sunwolves 5 times in Super rugby since 2016 and the Stormers have won 3 matches, lost once and drawn one.
The Stormers 3 wins out of 5 matches gives them a record of winning 60% of their matches against the Sunwolves regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Cape Town which is home for the Stormers and the venue where the teams have met just twice before.
In those 2 matches played in Cape Town the Stormers both which gives them a record of winning 1000% of their matches against the Sunwolves at home.
The average score when the Stormers play the Sunwolves in Cape Town is: Stormers 49 Sunwolves 17.
The Stormers are unbeaten at home against the Sunwolves and both matches have been big wins for the Cape Town side.
Average score: Stormers 36 Sunwolves 22
Last five results
Sat, 19 May 2018 Stormers 23 v 26 Sunwolves @Hong Kong
Sat, 08 Jul 2017 Stormers 52 v 15 Sunwolves @Cape Town
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 Stormers 44 v 31 Sunwolves @Singapore
Sat, 14 May 2016 Stormers 17 v 17 Sunwolves @Singapore
Fri, 08 Apr 2016 Stormers 46 v 19 Sunwolves @Cape Town
Stormers overall record against the Sunwolves
Played 5,Wins 3, Losses 1 , Draws 1
15 Dillyn Leyds, 14 Craig Barry, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Dan Kriel, 11 Edwill van der Merwe, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Jaco Coetzee, 7 Johan du Toit, 6 Ernst van Rhyn, 5 Chris van Zyl, 4 Cobus Wiese, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff (c)
Replacements: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 David Meihuizen, 20 Chris Massyn, 21 Jano Vermaak, 22 Josh Stander, 23 EW Viljoen
15 Semisi Masirewa, 14 Gerhard Van Den Heever, 13 Josh Timu, 12 Phil Burleigh, 11 Hosea Saumaki, 10 Hayden Parker, 9 Jamie Booth, 8 Ben Gunter, 7 Shuhei Matsuhashi, 6 Ryota Hasegawa, 5 Tom Rowe, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Conan O’Donnell, 2 Jaba Bregvadze, 1 Alex Woonton
Replacements: 16 Takuya Kitade, 17 Masataka Mikami, 18 Takuma Asahara, 19 Yuya Odo, 20 Masakatsu Nishikawa, 21 Keisuke Uchida, 22 Timothy Lafaele, 23 Akihito Yamada
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 8 June
Venue : Newlands, Cape Town
Kick Off local: 17:15
Referee: AJ Jacobs
Assistant Ref 1:Marius van der Westhuizen
Assistant Ref 2:Cwengile Jadezweni
TMO : Christie du Preez