- The Crusaders have won 15 of their last 17 games against the Stormers in Super Rugby (L2), including each of their last seven in a row.
- The Stormers have won just three of their last 16 Super Rugby games against sides from New Zealand (L13), although each of those three victories in that spell did come at home.
- The Crusaders have won their last five Super Rugby matches on the bounce in South Africa; only once in Super Rugby history has any overseas team enjoyed a longer winning streak in South Africa (Blues – 6 wins from 2002 to 2005).
- The Crusaders (55) have scored the most tries of any team this Super Rugby season, while the Stormers (22) have scored the fewest.
- Only Duane Vermeulen (Bulls, 20) has won more turnovers in Super Rugby 2019 than the Crusaders’ Matt Todd (16).
The Stormers have played the Crusaders 21 times in Super rugby since 1998 and the Stormers have won 4 matches and lost 17 times.
The Stormers 4 wins out of 21 matches gives them a record of winning 19% of their matches against the Crusaders regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Cape Town which is home for the Stormers and the venue where the teams have met 10 times.
In those 10 matches played in Cape Town the Stormers have won 4 matches and lost 6. This gives the Stormers a record of winning 40% of their matches against the Crusaders at home.
The average score when the Stormers play the Crusaders in Cape Town is : Stormers 22 Crusaders 27.
The Crusaders have won the last three matches against the Stormers in Cape Town and the Stormers have not won in their home city in these matches since 2010.
Average score: Stormers 20 Crusaders 30
Last five results
Sat, 03 Mar 2018 Stormers v Crusaders 28-45 Christchurch
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 Stormers v Crusaders 24-57 Christchurch
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 Stormers v Crusaders 13-14 Christchurch
Sat, 30 Mar 2013 Stormers v Crusaders 14-19 Cape Town
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 8 Stormers v Crusaders 24-31 Christchurch
Stormers overall record against the Crusaders
Played 21, Wins 4 , Losses 17, Draws 0
15 Damian Willemse, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Jaco Coetzee, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Cobus Wiese, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Bongi Mbonambi, 1 Steven Kitshoff
Replacements: 16 Scarra Ntubeni, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Kobus van Dyk, 20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 21 Justin Phillips, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Dan Kriel
15 David Havili, 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Jack Goodhue, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 George Bridge, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Matt Todd, 6 Ethan Blackadder, 5 Sam Whitelock (captain), 4 Scott Barrett, 3 Michael Alaalatoa, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 George Bower
Replacements: 16 Andrew Makalio, 17 Harry Allan, 18 Oliver Jager, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Jordan Taufua, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Mitchell Hunt, 23 Braydon Ennor
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 18 May
Venue : Newlands, Cape Town
Kick Off local: 17:15
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant Ref 1:Marius van der Westhuizen
Assistant Ref 2:AJ Jacobs
TMO : Marius Jonker