- This will be the second meeting between the Highlanders and Jaguares in Super Rugby history and first in New Zealand; the Highlanders were victorious in their inaugural clash in Argentina in 2016 (34-8).
- The Jaguares have won three of their last four Super Rugby matches against New Zealand sides (L1), including their last two away fixtures in New Zealand.
- The Highlanders have led at half-time in each of their last four Super Rugby games; however, they’ve gone on to win only two of those fixtures (D1, L1).
- The Highlanders have won 20 of their last 21 Super Rugby games at home against teams visiting from outside New Zealand, including their last 11 on the bounce.
- The Jaguares come into this fixture on the back of a four-game win streak in Super Rugby; the last and only time they won more was a seven-game stretch from April to June 2018.
- Four of the Jaguares last six Super Rugby victories away from home have come after trailing at half-time on the day.
- The Highlanders have scored 13 tries within the opening 20 minutes of games in Super Rugby 2019, more than any other team in the competition and more than twice as many as the Jaguares (6).
- The Jaguares have conceded just seven clean breaks per game this Super Rugby season, fewer than any other team in the competition.
- Josh Ioane (Highlanders) has scored three tries and a total of 48 points in his last four Super Rugby appearances, as well as providing a try assist in that time.
- The Jaguares’ Guido Pettiizaval has won 47 lineouts (incl. 5 steals) in Super Rugby 2019, the second most of any player and just one shy of competition leader Rory Arnold (48).
The Highlanders have played the Jaguares just once before in Super rugby and the Highlanders won that match.
The Highlanders won the match 34-8 in was played in Buenos Aires in 2016. The teams missed each other in the draw in 2017 and 2018.
This will be the first time that these two teams will be meeting on New Zealand soil.
Average score: Highlanders 34 Jaguares 8
Sat, 09 Jul 2016 Highlanders 34-08 Jaguares @Buenos Aires
Highlanders overall record against the Jaguares
Played 1 , Wins 1 , Losses 0, Draws 0
Ayden Johnstone , Liam Coltman , Siate Tokolahi , Josh Dickson , Tom Franklin , Luke Whitelock (c) , James Lentjes , Elliot Dixon , Aaron Smith , Josh Ioane , Tevita Li , Patelesio Tomkinson , Rob Thompson , Jordan Hyland , Matt Faddes
Replacements : Ash Dixon , Daniel Lienert-Brown , Tyrel Lomax , Jack Whetton , Liam Squire , Kayne Hammington , Daniel Hollinshead , Thomas Umaga-Jensen
15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Sebastián Cancelliere, 13 Matías Moroni, 12 Jerónimo de la Fuente (c), 11 Ramiro Moyano, 10 Joaquín Díaz Bonilla, 9 Felipe Ezcurra, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Tomás Lezana, 6 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 5 Lucas Paulos, 4 Marcos Kremer, 3 Enrique Pieretto, 2 Julián Montoya, 1 Mayco Vivas
Replacements : 16 Agustín Creevy, 17 Juan Pablo Zeiss, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Tomás Lavanini, 20 Pablo Matera, 21 Tomás Cubelli, 22 Domingo Miotti, 23 Matías Orlando
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 11 May
Venue : Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin
Kick Off local: 17:15
Referee: Ben O’Keeffe
Assistant Ref 1:Mike Fraser
Assistant Ref 2:James Doleman
TMO :Shane McDermott