- The Bulls have won five of their last six Super Rugby matches against the Crusaders at home (L1); though, they succumbed to a 62-24 defeat in their last such fixture.
- The Bulls have won only one of their last 12 Super Rugby games against New Zealand opposition, and have lost their last four such fixtures on the bounce.
- The Crusaders have won seven of their last eight Super Rugby matches in South Africa (L1), including the last four on the bounce – their most consecutive wins in the nation.
- The Crusaders (87%) boast the best tackle success rate in Super Rugby 2019, just one percentage point higher than the Bulls (86%).
- Handre Pollard (Bulls) has kicked 48 goals so far this Super Rugby season, the most of any player in the competition.
The Bulls have played the Crusaders 24 times in Super rugby since 1998 and the Bulls have won 8 matches, drawn none and lost 16 times.
The Bulls 8 wins out of 24 matches gives them a record of winning 33.3% of their matches against the Crusaders regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Pretoria which is home for the Bulls and the venue where the teams have met 12 times.
In those 12 matches played in Pretoria the Bulls have won 7 matches and lost 5. This gives the Bulls a record of winning 58% of their matches against the Crusaders at home.
The average score when the Bulls play the Crusaders in Pretoria is : Bulls 29 Crusaders 33.
Out of the last four matches between these teams in Pretoria the Bulls have won three and the Crusaders one. The last match was won by the Crusaders and was in 2017.
These teams have met twice in play offs in Pretoria. The two play off matches were both semi-finals and were both won (2007 and 2009) by the Bulls.
Average score: Bulls 23 Crusaders 34
Last five results
Fri, 23 Mar 2018 Bulls 14-33 Crusaders @Christchurch
Sat, 06 May 2017 Bulls 24-62 Crusaders @Pretoria
Sat, 28 Mar 2015 Bulls 31-19 Crusaders @Pretoria
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 Bulls 19-41 Crusaders @Christchurch
Sat, 21 Jul 2012 Elim Bulls 13-28 Crusaders @Christchurch
Bulls overall record against the Crusaders
Played 24, Wins 8 , Losses 16, Draws 0
15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Handre Pollard (captain), 9 Andre Warner, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Jannes Kirsten, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 RG Snyman, 4 Jason Jenkins, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Lizo Gqoboka
Replacements: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Thembelani Bholi, 20 Paul Schoeman, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw
15 David Havili, 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Jack Goodhue, 12 Ryan Crotty (captain), 11 George Bridge, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Matt Todd (captain), 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Mitchell Dunshea, 3 Michael Alaalatoa, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Andrew Makalio, 17 Harry Allan, 18 Oliver Jager, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Whetukamokamo Douglas, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Mitchell Hunt, 23 Braydon Ennor
Match Officials and details
Date : Friday 10 May (Saturday 11th May NZ Time 5.10am)
Venue : Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria
Kick Off local: 19:10
Referee: Rasta Rasivhenge
Assistant Ref 1:Jaco Peyper
Assistant Ref 2:Egon Seconds
TMO :Willie Vos