- The Bulls won their most recent meeting with the Stormers, in the opening round of this season, however they’ve not won consecutive games against the Cape Town side since winning five on the bounce between 2005 and 2009.
- The Stormers have won their last seven home games against the Bulls, their last such defeat coming back in June 2011 (16-19).
- The Bulls have won their last two away games, against the Lions and Sharks, as many as they’d won in their previous 16 road games (W2, L14).
- The Bulls have conceded just five first-half tries in Super Rugby this year, fewer than any other side, while the Stormers have scored the fewest in the opening 40 minutes of matches (6).
- The Bulls’ Corniel Els has found a teammate with all 27 of his lineout throws in 2019, no other hooker has attempted more than seven throws without missing at least one.
The Stormers have played the Bulls 31 times in Super rugby since 1996 and the Stormers have won 18 matches, drawn 1 and lost 12 times.
The Stormers 18 wins out of 31 matches gives them a record of winning 58% of their matches against the Bulls regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Cape Town which is home for the Stormers and the venue where the teams have met 15 times.
In those 16 matches played in Cape Town the Stormers have won 11 matches , drawn 1 and lost 3. This gives the Stormers a record of winning 73% of their matches against the Bulls at home.
The average score when the Stormers play the Bulls in Cape Town is : Stormers 24 Bulls 17.
Between 1998 and 2011 the Stormers won four out of 8 matches and drew one. The Bulls won three matches in that period but since then the Bulls have been winless.
This means that the Stormers have won their last 7 matches consecutively at home against the Bulls in Cape Town.
Average score: Stormers 23 Bulls 23
Last five results
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 Stormers 03-40 Bulls @Pretoria
Sat, 05 May 2018 Stormers 29-17 Bulls @Cape Town
Sat, 31 Mar 2018 Stormers 23-33 Bulls @Pretoria
Sat, 15 July 2017 Stormers 41-33 Bulls @Pretoria
Sat, 25 Feb 2017 Stormers 37-24 Bulls @Cape Town
Stormers overall record against the Bulls
Played 31, Wins 18 , Losses 12, Draws 1
15 Damian Willemse, 14 Sergeal Petersen, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Kobus van Dyk, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 JD Schickerling, 4 Cobus Wiese, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff.
Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Wilco Louw, 19 Eben Etzebeth, 20 Ernst van Rhyn, 21 Justin Phillips, 22 Joshua Stander, 23 Seabelo Senatla.
15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Jade Stighling, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Johnny Kotze, 10 Handre Pollard (captain), 9 Ivan van Zyl, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Hanro Liebenberg, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 RG Snyman, 4 Jannes Kirsten, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 Lizo Gqoboka
Replacements:16 Johan Grobbelaar, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Thembelani Bholi, 20 Paul Schoeman, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 Manie Libbok, 23 Divan Rossouw
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 27 April
Venue : Newlands, Cape Town
Kick Off local: 15:05
Referee: Glen Jackson
Assistant Ref 1:Nick Briant
Assistant Ref 2:Divan Uys
TMO : Marius Jonker