- The Crusaders have won 10 of their last 11 Super Rugby matches against the Blues (L1), including the last nine matches on the bounce.
- The Blues have won four of their last 39 Super Rugby matches against New Zealand teams (D1, L34); though, all four of those wins came on home turf on the day.
- The Crusaders are undefeated in their last 26 Super Rugby games on home turf (W25, D1); three of their last four such wins have come after trailing at half-time.
- The Blues have enjoyed an average of 18 minutes and four seconds time in possession per game this Super Rugby season, more than any other team in the competition.
- The Crusaders’ Sevu Reece and Blues’ Rieko Ioane have each made 24 clean breaks this Super Rugby season, more than any other players in the competition.
The Crusaders have played the Blues 33 times in Super rugby since 1996 and the Crusaders have won 22 times, lost 11 matches and drawn none.
The Crusaders 22 wins out of 33 matches gives them a record of winning 67% of their matches against the Blues regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Christchurch which is home for the Crusaders and the venue where the teams have met 15 times.
In those 15 matches played in Christchurch the Crusaders have won 15 matches and lost 3. This gives the Crusaders a record of winning 80% of their matches against the Blues at home.
The average score when the Crusaders play the Blues in Christchurch is : Crusaders 32 Blues 20.
The Crusaders have won the last ten matches against the Blues in Christchurch and the Blues have not won in the city since 2004.
Average score: Crusaders 27 Blues 21
Last five results
Sat, 16 Feb 2019 Crusaders v Blues 24-22 Auckland
Sat, 14 Jul 2018 Crusaders v Blues 54-17 Christchurch
Sat, 19 May 2018 Crusaders v Blues 32-24 Auckland
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 Crusaders v Blues 33-24 Christchurch
Sat, 28 May 2016 Crusaders v Blues 26-21 Auckland
Crusaders overall record against the Blues
Played 33 , Wins 22 , Losses 11 , Draws 0
15 David Havili, 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Jack Goodhue, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 George Bridge, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Whetu Douglas, 7 Matt Todd, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Sam Whitelock © , 4 Scott Barrett, 3 Michael Alaalatoa, 2 Andrew Makalio, 1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Brodie McAlister, 17 Isi Tu’ungafasi, 18 George Bower, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Ethan Blackadder, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Mitchell Hunt, 23 Braydon Ennor
1 Alex Hodgman, 2 Leni Apisai, 3 Ofa Tuungafasi, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 5 Scott Scrafton, 6 Tom Robinson, 7 Blake Gibson ©, 8 Akira Ioane; 9 Jonathan Ruru, 10 Harry Plummer, 11 Rieko Ioane, 12 Ma’a Nonu, 13 TJ Faiane, 14 Caleb Clarke, 15 Melani Nanai.
Replacements: 16 James Parsons, 17 Marcel Renata, 18 Lua Li, 19 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 20 Hoskins Sotutu, 21 Augustine Pulu, 22 Otere Black, 23 Levi Aumua.
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 25 May
Venue : AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Kick Off local: 19:35
Referee: Mike Fraser
Assistant Ref 1: Brendon Pickerill
Assistant Ref 2:Glen Jackson
TMO :Aaron Paterson