- The Jaguares have won their last two Super Rugby games on the bounce against the Brumbies, each by a margin of exactly five points.
- The spoils are split one win apiece between the Jaguares and Brumbies when playing in Argentina in Super Rugby; the Brumbies picked up a 24-point win in their first ever meeting in the country.
- The Jaguares have won 10 of their last 12 Super Rugby games on the bounce in Argentina (L2), including their last five on the bounce – their longest home winning streak in the competition.
- The Jaguares have won their last five games on the bounce against Australian opposition; however, four of those five wins were decided by a single-digit margin.
- The Brumbies have won their last seven Super Rugby games on the bounce; the last time they won more was an eight-game stretch across the 2004 and 2005 campaigns which included lifting the Super Rugby trophy in the 2004 season.
- The Brumbies have won only two of their previous seven post-season games away from home in Super Rugby (L5), with both of those wins coming in South Africa (vs Bulls in 2013, vs Stormers in 2015).
- The Jaguares have made 26 kicks in play per game in Super Rugby 2019, more than any other team in the competition and eight per game more than the Brumbies.
- The Brumbies have scored 42 first-half tries in Super Rugby 2019, more than any other team in the competition and 15 more than the Jaguares (27).
- The Jaguares’ Guido Petti Pagadizaval (81) has won more lineouts (inc. steals) than any other player in Super Rugby 2019; however, Brumbies duo Rory Arnold (78) and Sam Carter (69) are ranked second and third respectively.
- Thomas Banks (Brumbies) has scored seven tries in his last eight Super Rugby games outside Australia, including one in each of his last three such fixtures.
The Jaguares have played the Brumbies 3 times in Super rugby since 2017 and the Jaguares have won 2 matches and lost one.
The Jaguares 2 wins out of 3 matches gives them a record of winning 66% of their matches against the Brumbies regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Buenos Aires which is home for the Jaguares and the venue where the teams have met twice.
In those 2 matches played in Buenos Aires, the Jaguares have won 1 match and lost 1. This gives the Jaguares a record of winning 50% of their matches against
the Brumbies at home.
The average score when the Jaguares play the Brumbies in Buenos Aires is : Jaguares 18 Brumbies 27.
Across all venues, the Jaguares have won the last two matches against the Brumbies and in the most recent match between these teams was in April this year when
the Jaguares beat the Brumbies 20-15 in Buenos Aires.
This year the Brumbies have played 8 matches away from home and won three. The Jaguares have played 9 matches at home and won 7.
Average score: Jaguares 20 Brumbies 25
Last three results
Sat, 27 Apr 2019 Jaguares 20 v 15 Brumbies @Buenos Aires
Sun, 22 Apr 2018 Brumbies 20 v 25 Jaguares @Canberra
Sat, 27 May 2017 Jaguares 15 v 39 Brumbies @Buenos Aires
Jaguares overall record against the Brumbies
Played 3, Wins 2, Losses 1 , Draws 0
15 Emiliano Boffelli, 14 Sebastian Cancelliere, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Jeronimo De La Fuente, 11 Matias Moroni, 10 Joaquin Diaz Bonilla, 9 Tomas Cubelli, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Tmas Lezana, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti Pagadizaval, 3 Santiago Medrano, 2 Agustin Creevy, 1 Mayco Vivas
SUBSTITUTES: 16 Julian Montoya, 17 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 18 Enrique Pieretto Heilan, 19 Marcos Kremer, 20 Francisco Gorrissen, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Domingo Miotti, 23 Ramiro Moyano
15 Thomas Banks, 14 Henry Speight, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Irae Simone, 11 Toni Pulu, 10 Christian Lealiifano, 9 Joe Powell, 8 Lachlan McCaffrey, 7 Thomas Cusack, 6 Rob Valetini, 5 Sam Carter, 4 Rory Arnold, 3 Allan Alaalatoa, 2 Folau Fainga’a, 1 Scott Sio
SUBSTITUTES: 16 Connal McInerney, 17 James Slipper, 18 Les Leulua’iali’i-Makin, 19 Darcy Swain, 20 Murray Douglas, 21 Jahrome Brown, 22 Matt Lucas, 23 Tom Wright
Match Officials and details
Date: Friday 28 June
Venue: Jose Amalfitani Stadium, Buenos Aires
Kick Off local: 20:05
Referee: Mike Fraser
Assistant Ref 1: Glen Jackson
Assistant Ref 2: Federico Anselmi
TMO: Santiago Borsani