- The Crusaders have won five of their last six Super Rugby matches against the Rebels (L1), including their last three on the bounce across which they’ve scored an average of 60 points per game.
- Each of the previous nine games between the Crusaders and Rebels in Super Rugby has been won by the team to score the opening try of the game on the day, the Christchurch side winning seven games in that span (L2).
- The Crusaders will be out to avoid back-to-back Super Rugby defeats for the first time since Round 5, 2018 after succumbing to a 40-27 defeat at the hands of the Chiefs in Round 16.
- The Crusaders have won 16 of their last 17 Super Rugby games against Australian opposition, with two of those last three wins coming after having trailed at half-time.
- The Rebels have picked up three wins away from home thus far in Super Rugby 2019; only once in their history in the competition have they earned more in a single season (W4 in 2016).
- The Rebels have led at half-time in three of their last four games against New Zealand opposition, going on to secure two wins in that span (L2).
- The Crusaders have conceded just 11 first-half tries in Super Rugby 2019, six fewer than any other team in the competition.
- The Rebels have stolen a total of 20 lineouts against the throw this Super Rugby campaign, the most of any team in the competition and seven more than the Crusaders.
- Crusaders’ duo Sevu Reece (27) and George Bridge (22) have made the most and joint third-most clean breaks respectively of all players this Super Rugby campaign.
- Quade Cooper (Rebels) has made a competition-high 12 try assists in Super Rugby 2019 and has provided three try assists in his last two games against the Crusaders.
The Crusaders have played the Rebels 7 times in Super rugby since 2012 and the Crusaders have won 5 matches, lost twice and drawn none.
The Crusaders 5 wins out of 7 matches gives them a record of winning 71% of their matches against the Rebels regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Christchurch which is home for the Crusaders and the venue where the teams have met three times.
In those 3 matches played in Christchurch, the Crusaders have won 2 matches and lost 1. This gives the Crusaders a record of winning 67% of their matches against the Rebels at home.
The average score when the Crusaders play the Rebels in Christchurch is : Crusaders 42 Rebels 24.
The Crusaders won the last match against the Rebels in Christchurch but the Rebels won the match before that which was in 2015.
Average score: Crusaders 38 Rebels 21
Last five results
Fri, 04 May 2018 Crusaders 55 v 10 Rebels @Melbourne
Sat, 27 May 2017 Crusaders 41 v 19 Rebels @Melbourne
Sat, 09 Jul 2016 Crusaders 85 v 26 Rebels @Christchurch
Fri, 13 Feb 2015 Crusaders 10 v 20 Rebels @Christchurch
Fri, 14 Mar 2014 Crusaders 25 v 19 Rebels @Melbourne
Crusaders overall record against the Rebels
Played 7, Wins 5, Losses 2, Draws 0
15 David Havili, 14 Sevu Reece, 13 Jack Goodhue, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 Braydon Ennor, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Matt Todd, 6 Whetukamokamo Douglas, 5 Sam Whitelock (c), 4 Scott Barrett, 3 Michael Alaalatoa, 2 Andrew Makalio, 1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Tim Perry, 18 George Bower, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Jordan Taufua, 21 Ere Enari, 22 Brett Cameron, 23 Ngane Punivai
15 Dane Haylett-Petty (c), 14 Jack Maddocks, 13 Reece Hodge, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Tom English, 10 Matt Toomua, 9 Michael Ruru, 8 Isi Naisarani, 7 Richard Hardwick, 6 Angus Cottrell, 5 Adam Coleman, 4 Matt Philip, 3 Sam Talakai, 2 Jordan Uelese, 1 Tetera Faulkner
Replacements: 16 Anaru Rangi, 17 Matt Gibbon, 18 Jermaine Ainsley, 19 Luke Jones, 20 Ross Haylett-Petty, 21 Harrison Goddard, 22 Quade Cooper, 23 Marika Koroibete
Match Officials and details
Date : Saturday 8 June
Venue : AMI Stadium, Christchurch
Kick Off local: 19:35
Referee: Glen Jackson
Assistant Ref 1:Paul Williams
Assistant Ref 2:James Munro
TMO :Ben Skeen