- The Brumbies have won five of their last six Super Rugby matches against the Bulls (L1), including the last three matches in succession.
- The Brumbies have won nine of their 10 Super Rugby matches against the Bulls at home (L1), their only defeat coming in the Bulls’ title-winning season of 2007.
- The Bulls have won four of their last five Super Rugby matches against Australian teams (L1), their only defeat in that span coming against the Brumbies.
- The Bulls have the best lineout success rate in Super Rugby 2019 (93%), a full four percentage points higher than the Brumbies (89%).
- Sam Carter has won 49 lineouts on his team’s own throw this Super Rugby season, more than any other player in the competition; however, he’s managed to steal only one lineout against the throw this campaign.
The Brumbies have played the Bulls 20 times in Super rugby since 1998 and the Brumbies have won 13 matches, lost 7 times and drawn none.
The Brumbies 13 wins out of 20 matches gives them a record of winning 65% of their matches against the Bulls regardless of venue.
This weekend the match will be played in Canberra which is home for the Brumbies and the venue where the teams have met 9 times.
In those 9 matches played in Canberra the Brumbies have won 9 matches and lost 8. This gives the Brumbies a record of winning 89% of their matches against the Bulls at home.
The average score when the Brumbies play the Bulls in Canberra is : Brumbies 34 Bulls 20.
The Brumbies have won all but one of their their matches against the Bulls at home in Canberra. The last four matches in the city have all been won by the Brumbies and the Bulls have not won their since 2007 – the year they won their first title.
Average score: Brumbies 30 Bulls 26
Last five results
Sat, 26 May 2018 Brumbies v Bulls 38-28 Pretoria
Fri, 06 May 2016 Brumbies v Bulls 23-6 Canberra
Fri, 29 May 2015 Brumbies v Bulls 22-16 Canberra
Sat, 24 May 2014 Brumbies v Bulls 23-44 Pretoria
Sat, 27 Jul 2013 Semi Brumbies v Bulls 26-23 Pretoria
Brumbies overall record against the Bulls
Played 20 , Wins 13, Losses 7, Draws 0
15 Tom Banks, 14 Henry Speight, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Irae Simone, 11 Toni Pulu, 10 Christian Lealiifano (captain), 9 Joe Powell, 8 Pete Samu, 7 Jahrome Brown, 6 Tom Cusack, 5 Sam Carter, 4 Rory Arnold, 3 Allan Alaalatoa, 2 Folau Fainga’a, 1 Scott Sio
Replacements: 16 Connal Mcinerney, 17 James Slipper, 18 Leslie Leuluaialii-Makin, 19 Darcy Swain, 20 Murray Douglas, 21 Rob Valetini, 22 Ryan Lonergan, 23 Tom Wright
15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johnny Kotze, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Andre Warner, 8 Duane Vermeulen (captain), 7 Hanro Liebenberg, 6 Paul Schoeman, 5 RG Snyman, 4 Jason Jenkins, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Lizo Gqoboka
Replacements: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Jannes Kirsten, 20 Marco van Staden, 21 Embrose Papier, 22 JT Jackson, 23 Divan Rossouw
Match Officials and details
Date : Friday 24 May
Venue : GIO Stadium, Canberra
Kick Off local: 19:45
Referee: Jaco Peyper
Assistant Ref 1: Egon Seconds
Assistant Ref 2: Paul Williams
TMO : James Leckie